Within the competition, we come up with feamales in STEM sciences
The primary focus is biographical articles on ladies boffins within the STEM industry. Nonetheless, the main topic of your competition may be interpreted more broadly and also welcome writings about ladies who aren’t boffins but are active in the technical and natural sciences (as an example, entrepreneurs in this industry); overview topics (such as for example listings or articles about feamales in STEM as an idea).
If you should be uncertain whether your article is entitled to the competition, consult the committee that is organizing stemwikimedia.org.ua or compose towards the Wikimedia Ukraine venture Manager discussion web page.
- Ukrainian women in STEM
- Girls in STEM (articles about prominent schoolgirls and students that are female have actually achievements in STEM)
- Science promoters (articles about ladies who are recognized for advertising technology in STEM fields).
Champions of unique nominations will receive person prizes.
PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION
Your competition is targeted at making ladies’ achievements in technology more noticeable. The sciences, technologies and engineering are still male-dominated industries 1 in both Ukraine and around the world. So that you can deal with this instability which help females build professions in STEM, it is vital to disseminate info on ladies’ achievements within the sciences. Wikipedia, among the many information that is popular in the entire world, is a vital platform because of this.
Assist decrease the gender that is overall on Wikipedia, since articles about males are about four times more many compared to those featuring females. The number of biographical articles about women is less than 15% of the total number of biographical articles k 3 for example, in the Ukrainian version of Wikipedia. You want to alter that.
JUST HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up for Wikipedia (get your nickname) or check in back.
2. Create or supplement articles on Wikipedia through the competition (you may use the suggested topics or select your very own inside the theme that is general of competition).
3. Improve the content to satisfy at minimum the basic quality demands:
- Articles must certanly be initiated or enhanced by Wikipedia participants throughout the competition period;
- The written text of articles might not include device interpretation without previous proofreading;
- Articles or improvements must be at the very least 3500 bytes in dimensions (an average of 200-300 terms; the dimensions in bytes may be examined by pressing the View History tab near the top of this article);
- Wikipedia is an encyclopedia! Therefore, all articles ought to be encyclopedic design;
- Wikipedia has relevance criteria (in specific, particular requirements for the prominence of experts). The fundamental concept is that one may produce a different Wikipedia article about someone as long as there are lots of magazines about them in separate reputable sources;
- Wikipedia will not tolerate plagiarism! Consequently, articles should include text developed by the contestant and may not infringe copyright;
- Wikipedia will not enable initial research! Consequently, articles should always be predicated on information formerly posted in reputable sources (newspapers/magazines/books, etc. ) and really should consist of links to these sources.
To learn more about just how to develop a Wikipedia article and guidelines, make use of the assistance web page.
4. Post the line that is following the conversation web page associated with the article:
(if you post a template towards the article produced by another individual, modification when it comes to nickname of this article writer)
Articles without this template may never be within the competition submissions.
4.1. The template (for special nomination «Ukrainian women in STEM») and/or (for special nomination «Girls in STEM») and/or (for the special nomination «Science promoter») if article participates in special nominations, you need to also put on the discussion page.
5. This article can prior be improved into the competition duration closing. The better article that is each when it comes to completeness and quality during the time of the end of your competition, the larger likelihood of winning you have got.
6. Repeat actions 2 – 5 normally as possible.
The jury comprises of experienced Wikipedians (Wikipedia contributors) with expertise in STEM or gender studies, in addition to invited experts.
Brunei is really a scientist that is ukrainian the industries of biology additionally the reputation for science, composer of about 20 Wikipedia articles on experts in Ukrainian.
Helixitta is really a scientist that is ukrainian the industry of biology.
Krutyvuss – Associate PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Political Science, Law and Philosophy, specialist for the European Union Project “Equal possibilities and Women’s Rights in Ukraine” (2008-2011), implementer regarding the EU Erasmus+ Project “Gender Studies Curriculum: one step for. Peace and democracy in EU-Neighboring Countries with Different Traditions” (2015-2019).
Tohaomg is really a Bachelor in Computer Science, a factor to science and engineering associated subjects.
Nataliya Martynenko is really a scheduled Program Assistant on Youth and correspondence in the us Population Fund Representative workplace in Ukraine.
Tamara Martseniuk is a sociologist, a professional in sex studies, a lecturer during the nationwide University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.